View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 21:54

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up June 23, 2004

I don't know what happened to my journal entry for this day I wrote yesterday, but I'll write it again, sort of. This time, the executive summary.

Great workout, I'm really starting to feel the strength instead of just tired as I lift. I'm also seeing results even though it's only been just over a week. With my abs I can already get a little higher and get a little closer to my knee when doing side crunches. I also feel the strength coming back into my legs (squats are a little lower), back and biceps. So, here's the workout.

Workout 1
Abs
Center Crunches = 20
Right Crunches = 20
Left Crunches = 20
Left Lifts = 20
Reverse situps = 20
Legs
Squats = 3/8
Leg Extensions = 3/8 at #2 (the machine doesn't have weights, just numbers.)
Back
Dumbell Bent over rowing = 3/8 ~ 20 lbs.
Front Lat pull down = 3/8 at #6
Shrugs = 3/8 ~ 25 lbs.
Biceps
Seated Alternating Curls = 3/8 ~ 20 lbs.
Drag Curls = 3/8 ~ 15 lbs.

Feeling good! It was a rainy, awful day and I didn't get out of work until late and by the time I had a chance to go work out it was already 7:00 and I was hungry, but I munched on a few macadamias, drank some water, changed and went over there. It felt so good to do it, it serves as motivation to continue even on difficult days.

I can now feel muscle becoming defined underneath my skin. And speaking of skin, I can now pinch skin off of my legs whereas before I had more of a sausage thing going. Now I'll just have to fill that loose skin back up with muscle!

As for splits, I think I'm going to keep with workout 2 for Friday, but figure out a three-split workout for starting next week. I'm also moving rowing to Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Working hard and loving it.

Plane Crazy