View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 23:00

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 209.9/206.6/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Melsa and debbiek - you're both doing great - like Natrushka said, you have to have some patience - this is not a miracle diet that promises you'll be at your goal weight in 3 weeks - this is a WOL (way of life if you haven't seen that one before). Since you're both fairly new to the program, that may sound scary - "you mean I'm going to have to eat like this forever?" - but honestly - after being on it for a little over a month now, that does not seem like a difficult concept. I have been pleasantly surprised that even when I'm surrounded by sweets (like a birthday cake for me tonight at bowling) - I did not indulge, nor did I feel like it was taking every last bit of willpower to avoid it. (The cake was from another lc friend and was meant for all the others to partake - she understood me not having any....). After losing the initial weight during induction, the pounds are going to come off slower - but what comes off will be fat - of that you can be assured.

Okay, it's after midnight here, so I'm going to bed now...keep your spirits up - you'll start feeling the benefits.....

Mindy