View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 15:35

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%
Cool RickinTN Update!!

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around. This has just been a really rough time. I had every intention of getting back on the wagon. But, major things have been happening.

In January, my Aunt's intestines ruptured and poisoned her entire blood system. She wasn't expected to make it. But, after several weeks in the hospital, she did.

Then, in February, my Wife's Grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer. They removed the cancer succesfully. But, she never fully recovered and died on May 10th.

Then, in March, they found a mass behind Jen's breastbone. So, on March 29th, they removed it. Luckily it wasn't cancer. It was just a lymph node infected with a histo virus, which is treatable with medicine. So, that was no problem.

At the beginning of March, I had some blood in my urine. Thought it was a urinary tract infection. But, there was no infection. The done several test and when I went to the urologist on 3/30, he said he thought I had kidney cancer. So, I had to go into short stay for a procedure to determine if that is what it was or not. They later determined they were 99% sure I had renal cell cancer. So, on 5/6, I had surgery to remove my left kidney and adrenal gland, and had them take my gall bladder while I was at it. It did end up being cancer.

Now, they have my blood to thin. My level is supposed to be at around 2.1 to 2.7 and it is at a 6.0. So, now I am trying to get that under control.

I just started back to work yesterday after 3 months of leave. So, as soon as I can get some money to by decent groceries, I am going to try my best to get back on the diet.
Sponsored Links