View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 12:38

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Aimee,

I read all the posts of this thread, then went to read your journal and gym logs. Based on all I read I would like to add my 2C.

About your pains. Most of them seem to be typical runner injuries. When I started to run the first pain I felt was in my lower back. A back strengthening, stretching programme (designed by physical therapists not by trainers) gave my fast release. The back pain not only went away in less than one week, but has not come back since.

Hip pain could be sciatica, illiotibial syndrome, or many other things. All these are require different kind of treatments, and NONE of them is going away without proper healing.

The cause of this injuries could be the Bootcamp programme. It seems that is is a real legkiller, breaking all the basic runner injury prevention rules. Do not get me wrong. I am NOT talking against tough bootcamp style trainings.

(I have a Marine son, successfully surviving 7th year of tough training. The difference is, that in the military the PT instructors are much more cautious: to loose Marines because of of temporary injury is very costly.)

The problem is with your bootcamp program, that it uses running excessively for cardio vascular fitness training. Seems a little too much sprinting, jumping, running on incline etc.

Something more. The age of your legs. You can have the fitness level, the look, the heart, the skin, the lung, the spirit of a 20 year old, but your LEGS always as old as your physical age.

What to do? I would recommend you to contact with Los Angeles Running Club to get a reference to a doctor who is familiar with running injuries. Here is a web page: http://www.larunningclub.com/

One more remark. I understand your desire to go out to run out your frustration. May I recommend an easy run to steam out instead of HIIT?

This is my 2c, thanks for listening.

My best wishes, take care:

Eva