View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 08:59

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am absolutely sure you will see immediate result: 2-8 lbs water weight loss - depending on the amount of water you drink during your walk. Then when you proprerly hydrated yourself, and got back your pre-walk weight be ready for a temporary (24-48 hours) 2-8 lbs water weight gain - your body's preventive reaction in case you want to do this again.

The "fat storage stimulation" you refer usually does not start from ONE long walk. On the other hand, if you plan to have long (2+hours) walks every weekend, be ready that your body might react by holding back fat. Even without weekend long walks, your body adapts very fast to regular walk/jog, becomes more and more efficient, using less and less fuel to cover the same distance.

May I ask how long was your longest walk during the last 3-4 weeks? It is not really recommended to increase the distance of your longest walk more than 3 miles at one a time. It could be hard on your legs, joints, etc.

Walking, jogging are wonderful activities with many advantages, but I would second mrschmelz: there are much more efficient ways to burn calories.

Take care:

Eva