View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 18:16

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%
Talking A Plane Crazy Workout Log

Ok. I feel like I'm far enough past the beginning that I'll be doing this for a while so I thought I'd start a gym log.

First, a shout out to Built who inspired me, a 40-year-old, to get back into the gym. Yo, Built! Props to you!

Ok, enough of my "street persona."

So, I started out using Built's two-split beginner's workout but with a couple of minor modifications. I'm trying to keep it as much dumbell oriented as possible because we're soon to move into a house and unless I join a gym I won't have access to the machines. I may join a gym, but at least if I'm used to working with dumbells and a bench I have options.

So, Here's Workout 1
Abs
Center Crunches
Right Crunches
Left Crunches
Left Lifts
Reverse situps
Legs
Squats
Leg Extensions
Back
Dumbell Bent over rowing
Front Lat pull down
Shrugs
Biceps
Seated Alternating Curls
Drag Curls

Workout 2 is
Abs
Center Crunches
Right Crunches
Left Crunches
Left Lifts
Reverse situps
Legs
Split Squats
DM straight leg lifts (kill my hamstrings so good!)
Shoulders
Dumbell Lateral Raises
Dumbell Military PressesChest
Incline Dumbell Flys
Incline Dumbell presses (both of these are done laying down since I don't have an incline bench at the moment, just a flat one)
Triceps
Overhead tricept extensions
Dumbell Kickbacks

Tonight I added my cardio/resistance exercise of choice, rowing. I have a really nice Concept2 Model C rowing machine which has, unfortunately, been packed up until today. After today's workout, though, it's not staying packed up.

So, that's the intro to where I'm starting. I worked out last week and a day the week before, so I've been fiddling with the amount of weight and figuring out what gives me a workout without tearing anything.

Well, here I go!

Plane Crazy
Sponsored Links