#10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 09:17

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemenno
then this will certainly discredit the PCRM a little (although I usually don't buy into what they say anyhow).

Hmmm. I disagree. I think this is a pretty shrewd move on the part of the PCRM because this is something that nearly everyone will agree with. They've made themselves into ridiculous extremists in the past with an unequivocal agenda of vegetarianism. With this move they look like they actually care about health issues. I think it improves their image.

I was stunned this weekend to find how far the influence of the PCRM has reached. I was eating breakfast with a friend who ranted about how "Atkins diet is all a bunch of hooey, Atkins was obese, he died from a heart attack," etc. These are all lies propagated by the PCRM. And she truly believes them. She's no vegetarian either -- she ate twice as much bacon as I did and just as much egg along with potatoes and buttered toast.

I tried to reason with her, but it was a lost cause. After all, I'm obese and she's skinny so what could I possibly know? I think I'm going to quietly step out of this friendship -- I can't deal with people who are irrational and have strong opinions on things they haven't researched.