View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 06:00

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%

My family is getting more supportive since seeing the results. Even my sister-in-law who is a confirmed carb lover (she's told me many times that she could live on pasta and bread alone) has become more aware of the carbs she eats. She's actually begun to cut back, somewhat unconciously, and the other night she ate a big spaghetti dinner and she said she felt bloated and gassy afterwards. She immediately thought it might be the high amount of carbs she ate. I told her that many people on this forum have experienced the same thing. It definitely made her think.

I'm having a checkup on July 1 and once I do that my wife will feel better. She still has some qualms about the amount of fat I eat, especially saturated fats. I try and inform her as much as possible without preaching. She's away for a few weeks teaching at summer programs and I gave her the Atkins Essentials book for her to read. Hopefully she will.

Most people are supportive because they can see the results on me, but most still don't know that much and have heard mixed things, bad from some people, good from others. Time will tell.

Plane Crazy about this WOE