View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 00:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Variation in Carb Content - Labels

{Harley: i have bagged salad leaves which are 2 carbs per 100g which is 2 large soup bowls full, yet Dr Atkins' book says that 1 cup of lettuce is 1.6 (iceberg), } Harley it wall depends how the carbs have been calculated. Apparently there are various different ways: with fibre removed, without fibre , different countries have different ways of measuring. Like Ella I take Labels with a pinch of salt and go more on how I am feeling.

Ella, I have to agree with Harley about patronising the customer re Safeway's reply. The "dedicated nutritional advice" experts have completely closed their minds to the possibility that Low Carb could possibly be healthy!

{Ella: progress or just one of those thank-you-come-again } I call it Be-Polite-and-Nice-to-the-customer's-face-and-bin-their letter-when-they-are-not-looking sort of progress. You never know though - perhaps someone at Head Office might see a possibility of making money on us wierdos

And yes I can't eat sweets as I used to - that's what happens once you get past the carb withdrawal stage.

Take care