#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 19:22
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 198/189/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Insulin Resistant?

The Schwarzbein Principle fascinates me so much. I have read only the first book and much of the second, and I found myself feeling as if she was writing my story... so many diets, so many ways to be mean to myself, so much gained weight, so unhappy and so unhealthy.

I had a blood test done recently, I was just looking at the results and they did not run a fasting insulin test. However, I do have many of the insulin resistance issues... high blood pressure requiring medication, weight around the middle, high triglycerides, high cholesterol.

I also have many of the adrenal burnout issues, I scored fairly high on the self-answering quizzes I found posted on this board.

Probably I would call myself Insulin Resistant with Burned Out Adrenals. Does that sound right to anyone? Unfortunately, I don't have the time or the money to get the tests done right now.

The only problem in following SPII is that I am so afraid of gaining more weight. I have about 80 pounds to lose and it causes me a great deal of anxiety, stress and depression. I recently stopped Atkins/Protein Power to go on the Zone (I missed fruit) and I have gained back all of the weight it took me from January of this year to lose. I am just beside myself and I don't know what to do.

Thanks for listening,
Carrie
Sponsored Links