View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 15:53

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Ezandreth,
Those are some good questions. As for the answers, unless we did some kind of study we might never really know, but I think you do have a good point with carb addicts. I do think that carb addicts can do better on this type of diet. I'm one of them. I lost 60 pounds once doing low fat, but nearly killed myself in the process, had blood sugar ups and downs enough to create a tidal wave, and was truly miserable. I gained it all back plus more.

I tried every weight loss plan known to man, and failed at every one.

When I first tried low carb 2 years ago, I immediately noticed a difference, in my energy levels, and in my cravings. They did lessen. I lost 85 lbs, and have been able to keep all but 25 off (gained that back when I stopped paying attention what went into my mouth and got addicted to chocolate and carbs again).

I do believe there are some that succeed better on this plan. We are all designed just a little differently from one another, so it stands to reason that we would not all be successful at the same types of eating. Another reason I'm tweaking mine to suit what works for me.

I think everyone would benefit from cutting flour, sugar, and some starches from their diets - they're just not healthy - WORMS won't even eat refined sugar! But all of us succeed differently and at different rates.

Shalom,
Sh'ra