View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 06:34

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 143/131/121
BF:
Progress: 55%
Unhappy

I did manage to stay off those chocolates, but had one after finished the Fat Fast, to treat myself. They are much better than I imagined and only 4.25g carb. But strange thing, I found them SO sweet, felt a bit sick to be honest half way through. Is that because I've completely gone off it.... Fab! It's like when you try something for the first time, and not quite sure if you get the taste of it.

Down 3kg just in 4 days! (too good to be true). But I had to start taking antibiotics to treat rush, that came out. Mmmm... it might spoil the result . I had the same problem, when I just started the Induction. And now again during the Fat Fast. It's spreading like crazy. I wonder if it's because I don't take enough vitamins. I take Solgar vitamins: multi-vitamisV2000 (1 a day), chromium picolinate (1 a day), Omega 3 and EPA (in 1 capsule 1 a day). I'm not very keen in taking too much. But I do feel that I need to increase the dosage, or add more. Could anyone tell me which supplements they take? Thank you.

He-hey! I've got reply from Safeway. Not sure if it means anything, but I did write a very long letter trying to explain the commercial benefits of introducing low-carb products. Mentioned that Atkins products are going to hit the UK market soon, and they should think well ahead to be successful in a highly competitive market. I'll post their reply below. I think if we try to make the point how profitable it could be for them, it will make them at least consider it. I said that it's not only for those who want to loose weight, but it's also for people with particular food allergies, diabetics etc. I sent them all the web links I could find, so they had to reply . Fiona, maybe we should be sending something similar to the Food Ministry? After all, they would never know untill they are told.

Harley, I've got the same problem figuring out the carb content in clean products (i.e. without any added ingredients). They vary a lot. At some stage I just stopped worrying about it. If I had too much I stop loosing or... start gaining . So I figured how much I should have (quite hard to do that with nuts, SO addictive )

Take care