#24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 01:58
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

Hello,
I don't know if anyone else is still interested in this thread but I found it confusing enough that I wrote back to Eden Foods in the hope of getting something more difinetive. This is the letter I sent and the response I got back.
--------------------------------
Hello,
Carb counts for your black soybeans has been a topic of hot debate on the Low Carb Forum. Apparently two people have written to you and gotten back conflicting information. Now I don't know what to think and I'm sure that is the case for any who have read this thread. It would be great if someone there could go through this thread and get the gist of what is being discussed. We would appreciate having this cleared up as we still don't know if the effective carb of this product is 1 grm or 8 grms. This is such a great product and if we have an accurate carb count everyone will be much more comfortable using it.
Thank you!
-----------------------------
Thank you for contacting Eden Foods and your interest in Eden products.

Eden uses an independent lab for nutritional testing to verify nutritional information. We use their lab reports for the information that we put on the labels. The carbohydrates that we report on our label are taken directly from their reports. The lab does not make any adjustment to the carbohydrate figure as it may relate to fiber. We can assure you that our label lists true carbohydrates, not a "net number".

If you should have any further questions, please contact Customer Service.

Sincerely,

Sandra K. Baker
Customer Service
800-248-0320
www.edenfoods.com
---------------------------------------
So, there you have it. They claim that the information of the can reads as it is. There is the carb count that includes the fiber and there is the fiber count that can be subtracted for the effective carb count.
Hope this helps.
Signey