View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 13:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

This is a story from a friend that meant something to me, and I thought I'd pass it along.

This is a friend who, about two years ago, started talking about doing an "atkinsesque" diet. He was not very overweight, just a little middle-aged spread, and was going Atkins to keep a friend company. He didn't read the book, but asked good questions from the friend who did. He lost 15 pounds very quickly.

I talked to him today and asked if he was still Atkinsing. "Yes," he said -- very happily. He calls it "atkinsesque" because he will have treats occasionally when dining out, but eats bacon and eggs for breakfast and avoids all sugary foods on a regular basis, as well as bread, pasta and potatoes.

What struck me was that this was someone who didn't need to "diet," who had no health problems, but who gravitated to this way of eating and liked it so much he stuck with it. Painlessly, happily. He hasn't lost any more weight -- doesn't need to -- and feels wonderful.

I thought it was a different perspective than we normally read, and worth sharing.
Sponsored Links