Old Fri, Mar-09-01, 09:52
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile welcome to our forum

hi dolphin,

Keep reading through the posts you'll find all over this message board. Lots of encouragement and positive reinforcement. You're not alone, most of us have had the same struggles as you. 29 lbs since September is terrific! That averages out to be approx. 1/2 to 1 lb a week loss -- which is ideal, and means the weight is more likely to STAY off.

Consider this period of "backsliding" as merely a break, and hop right back on. Don't feel guilty or ashamed ... (I like to say "Stop shoulding on yourself" .. .)

And post often. I felt like I was struggling too, with no support at all here at home...... till I discovered LowCarb Canada last Sept. The support and understanding has been so reinforcing, and helps me stick to my goal. Reading and posting every day is the BEST reinforcement. And as Sharon has noted .. check out our member's recipe page, and Karen Barnaby's gourmet recipes (on the red menu bar at the top). You'll find terrific ideas for lowcarb substitutes for the carby foods you're missing.

take care, and happy lowcarbing

Doreen