View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 17:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default Where do I find patience...??

I am getting frustrated...mostly because I have no patience. Never have had. I want somethig and I want it NOW!! Same is true of my weight.

I have been absolutely faithful to atkins since Monday. I have given up all alcohol (not easy for me), have consumed a lot of water against my gag reflex , I have exercised diligently each evening on my treadmill (which broke, but that's another story), and I was still not in ketosis yesterday and still not losing a single ounce. So, out of desperation, yesterday, I did a "sorta" fat fast, and ate nothing but a small amoutn of pepperoni, cream cheese, and macadamia nuts with LOTS of water yesterday. I even purchased some metabolite, L-Glutamine, Calcium, and multivitamins. Yesterday, I began measuring to keep tabs on that.

So, what happened when I got up this morning?

Well, my lipolysis strip showed a small amount of ketones.

BUT, I had gained 1/2 a pound!!!

I have not changed my weight on this board, because it means I'd have to change it up and down in a 1 1/2 pound range every day. I have yet to go below the 194 I was at when I started.

I swear, I am doing everything I can. I'm really bored by the one day fat fast thing, and I've been doing it today, but I'm tempted to eat a salad or some greens or something with a steak. It would still be induction, but I don't know if it will hurt me or harm me.

I am losing patience (as I said, I have none to begin with). I keep trying to keep focused on the fact that I'm finally in ketosis, and to hang in there....but it's tough. In the past, I dropped 5 lbs by this time...and I know...Nat warned me it might be harder...and actually, Nat, it's your words that have kept me hanging in there....

I've decided to keep trying lc faithfully until the second week of January. By that time, if I've had no success, I may join WW, which holds meetings right at my place of work. Both lc and WW have given me results in the past in the short run, but I haven't stuck it out longer than a couple of weeks. So, I figure I'll keep giving induction, if necessary, a try until a month from now....but I swear, I'll need help hanging in there....

Thanks for listening to me whine.
Sponsored Links