View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 14:06
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

I found coconut milk in the 400mL (13.5oz) can for $1.89 (kinda high, especially compared to some other posts here). I found it in the "baking" section (where they have the bags of coconut flakes, and all the sugar and flour, and all that nutritious stuff!). There were two brands (one with guar gum in it). The stuff with the guar gum was extremely thick! It tasted funny (very bland, not even like coconut). The one without guar gum was about the consistency of half and half, but with very tiny flakes in it. It tasted great! Kinda sweet, like coconut. There was nothing in it but coconut and water. I drank the whole can. Is that bad? Too much? They also had a "lite" one that was suppose to be "low fat"... but what's the point? I was buying it for the fat! So, is this stuff mainly for cooking? What else can you do with it? Someone mentioned putting it in a shake? How much should one drink a day? Please tell? And, I have had no luck on finding coconut butter/oil. What does that stuff look like? And in what area of the supermarket are people finding it?

Thanks!