View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 08:42

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%
Default Which multi-purpose home gym is best?

Attention all trainers and home gym owners!!

I have a spare room, a treadmill, and an exercise bike already. I currently belong to a gym, but have a sneaky feeling that when my membership is up for renewal the fee will increase to more than I want to pay. (The gym recently bought a Powerhouse Gym franchise instead of being a local neighborhood gym.)

In addition, the gym is pretty far from my house but close to my current school (I'm a teacher). I plan on transferring to another school which is closer to my home but far from the gym. The motivation factor falls when a trip to a gym requires a 20-minute drive way out of my way. During the summer I'm less motivated to go all the way to the gym, whereas during the school year it's only a bit out of the way on the drive home. And with the price of gas lately......

I am seriously thinking of purchasing a home gym. I do use my treadmill regularly and sometimes the exercise bike. I feel that my exercise will be more regular if I just have to go into the spare bedroom to do it instead of driving out of my way.

When I go to my gym for resistance training I prefer the Cybex/Nautilus type machines. I don't do free weights. I do have a bad rotator cuff that two surgeries weren't able to fix, so I have limited movement in my right shoulder. I don't have the ability to support free weights over mid-chest level with my right arm.

I've gone a Google search, but there are so many brands and types out there I'm a bit overwhelmed. Below is a typical workout. What I need is to get recommendations about which home system would work best for my needs.

Thanks Tons! --- Joan

Legs:
Leg Extension
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Calves Press
Butt Blaster
Abductors
Adductors
Arms/Upper Body:
Lat Pulldown
Rows