Thread: Looooose skin
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 17:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 452/205/200
BF:
Progress: 98%

Craig and Bill, Thank you for your comments. If I can do this, anyone can. Low fat diets never worked for me, but this way of eating does. Down to 205 now and sloooowly working my way down to my original goal of 200. Only 5 more lbs. to go !!! Do
you have any suggestions of a site to post before and after pics? I just received a digital camera and have lots of "after" photos. I have some video of myself at my heaviest (452) taken right before I started. I will try to get a decent digital photo off the video on the TV screen.
I took Hollys advice and started having people take photos of me from different angles. It worked...I no longer feel like a "fat person", and I know I never will be again. When I started this diet, I had just retired early (medical reasons) from a job I had worked for 15 years. Its so awesome now to run into former workmates and they don't recognize me at all. I'll walk up to them in a store, or where ever, and just start talking to them, and they look at me kinda funny. I look familiar to them, but they just can't place me until I tell them who I am ...and these are people I worked beside for 15 years! It always blows them away, and its alot of fun for me.
Craig, have you ever read Dr. Adkins book? I read his book cover to cover before I started, and pretty much followed his advice to the letter. Never cheated once...in fact, of all those I know personally on the diet, most have not read the entire book and do not do the diet correctly. You gotta read the book and do what it says. Good luck,it will work for you if you stick with it!