View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 13:27

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I seem to be oblivious to light -- it's usually light here (Washington, D.C.) even on a rainy, cloudy day, like today. I did spend two weeks in Copenhagen one October and never saw the sun, not even a hint of sun. I understood why so many buildings were painted screaming yellow -- first, so you could find them in the fog, but second, so you'd remember what sunlight looked like.

I thought I was oblivious to light. That fall, I felt it after eight days. I swear it was physical and not psychological (I was having a great time.)

In Scandinavia, it is the law that every worker must have a window in his room.

There is a window (I believe it's a Finnish invention) that generates an artificial light that mimics the physical properties of sunlight.

Another Danish cure is eating lots of salmon and herring (and drinking lots of aquavit, but that's another story.)

My sympathies to all those suffering from this. I feel very guilty. We just got autumn last week. We'd had summer until them and I hated the heat -- it was in the 70s, which was great when you were outdoors, but bad in my apartment building, as the buildings are built parallel to the wind currents (no cross breeze).