#5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 10:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Thanks for your reply!

Hi GWilson,
I am reading everything I can get my hands on. However, I really don't understand all of the medical talk in those books!
After fooling with the WW again for about 2 1/2 months, I just had blood work done. Cholesterol was 204 !!! The bad end was 143 and it should be 100 or below. That goes to show you that lots of potatoes, rice, and pastas don't do a thing to help one's cholesterol! I told the nurse that I plan on going on a low carb diet and she said that the doctor does not recommend it. I informed her that I wasn't sure why some doctors recommend the low carb and some do not.
My thought on that is: That those that don't recommend it, they have not took the time to read up on the low carb diets. And are fearful someone would sue them.
Wel, Dr. Atkins has been in business now for over 30 years. And I am sure if anyone was going to get sued off of the earth, it would have been him. He still sells books by the thousands!
I have to admit, I do get concerned when my own doctor tells me that he does not recommend the low carbing/high protein diets, but, for instance, my sister's doctor does recommend.
GWilson, what is your thoughts about the doctors mostly not recommending this WOE?
Jo Ann here in TEXAS struggling