View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 07:35

Plan: NHE/UD2/General LC
Stats: 175/175/175 Male 6'
BF:10/6/?
Progress:
Default Bfl...

Please let me start out by saying that this is my opinion. I don't want to offend anyone doing BFL. I respect Bill Philips and his BFL program. His publications were the main influence in my training and eating over the last 8 years... BUT...
I believe the main benifits of the BFL program are the workout stratigies, the high protein, and frequent feedings. Bill owns a supplement company (EAS) and he has many reasons to promote his products. (and they are good products.)
But real food has got to be the basis of any WOE. I bought into the higher carb, BFL WOE for years. I built muscle and lost fat doing this, depending on my calorie level, but I am finding it easier to get leaner and maintain muscle using a LC plan (20-40 grams/day) When I increase my calories (still LC) I gain muscle. In my OPINION low carb works better and makes me feel better. (I'm not hungry, I have consistant energy) I've recently been experimenting with NHE carbups with good results so far.

What I'm trying to say is... if you find something that works, stick with it. But if you are not satisfied with what you are doing you can take many of the BFL statigies and incorperate a LC eating plan. For me... it has been a very good change.

As Bill likes to say, "Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."