PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSloopy
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I have a question. I have been doing Atkins for a while now, and was in my third week of induction, my ketone strips were turning purple, and then after two days of relacore, I got kicked out of induction. My ketone strips stopped turning purple. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't change my eating habits, I didn't do anything different, and all of a sudden I was kicked out. My husband went to war, and I fell off my OWL, and have noticed the weight coming back mostly in my belly area, I figured it was because of the stress of him being at war, that has caused the belly gain, thus the relacore. I sure could use some stress manament aid, but not if it's going to affect my ketosis. Your opinions and experiences would really help. Oh, I saw on an earlier post, that someone said the relacore made them more sleepy, that's EXACTLY what it did to me. Knocked me out. Thanks for listening, and thanks for your unput. Susie

First off let me say I pray your DH comes back from war safe and sound.

Also, those strips, I don't even use them. Some medication can (from what I've read) make them change color and it doesn't mean you are not in ketosis. Go by how you feel and if you are losing weight don't worry about what those strips say. IMO (in my opinion) it's a waiste of money.

Relacore never made me sleepy.

Hang in there and Welcome to the forum.