#17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 00:39
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Okay, here's what I'm seeing in your post:

Ditch the protein bars entirely. They are nothing but glorified candy bars, no matter WHAT they say on the packages. These things are NOTORIOUS for containing things that are not listed. They stall a LOT of people because of this.

One hour before eating is WAY too catabolic to muscle tissue. And you need protein and fat right after AM cardio.

NEVER lift weights on an empty stomach - this is ALSO catabolic to muscle tissue. These sorts of things will leave you a skinny-fat person, not a lean person. If you MUST do your weights first thing in the AM, knock back a whey shake with some olive oil and heavy cream before you lift so you don't destroy any more of your lbm than you already have.

Low fat fruit yogurt has too many carbs and not enough protein and fat. I'd ditch that one too. Stick with the cottage cheese.

You should try to get 15-50g of protein in each of your 6 daily meals. And peanut butter isn't high enough in protein to count as a protein source - think of natty PB as a fat souce rather than a protein source. With a lower-fat plan, aim for closer to 200g protein. No lower than 150. Check at www.fitday.com if you're not sure.

Get good-quality carbs into you if you're going higher-carb. The protein bar and the yogurt (both are basically just different names for dessert) are really sub-optimal to steel-cut oats and sweet potatoes. You're still lower-carb - might as well make every carb nourish you well.

Oh, and please don't be afraid to try high-fat low carb if this way doesn't work for you. Higher carb lower fat DOES work for some, but I'm not one of them. I bulk when I go lower fat.

Good luck! I wish you every success!

- Built