View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 13:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Something just happened that made me think, and I thought I'd share -- I'd be interested to know what the rest of you think.

As I've posted in my journal, I'm a chocolate lover. I'd eat 3 or 4 candy bars (usually Hershey with almonds, or Snickers, or Reese's peanut butter cups) before doing LC. I tried Weight Watchers because their points system let me eat the candy bars -- not much else, but I didn't mind

I live in an apartment building with a candy machine in the basement. For the past four months, the machine has been empty, because someone(s) kept breaking into it and stealing the candy as well as the money. I was sorry for the candy man, but happy for me -- it had been a temptation.

Last night, in the elevator, I saw people coming from the basement with candy and asked them -- there was a new, stronger machine -- supposedly tamper proof -- and it was filled.

Today was laundry day, and as soon as I entered that room, I became anxious. I had no cravings. I did not CRAVE a candy bar. I wanted one -- habit? (I only had enough money with me for the laundry.)

It made me think. I know that sometimes wanting something sweet is definitely a physical craving. But sometimes, is it simply habit?
Sponsored Links