#2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: Carb. Addicts
Stats: 185/190/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:21%
Progress: -33%

Dear Mary,

I haven't seen the movie yet--waiting for it on video. But even the "Shallow Al" commercials are kind of thought provoking.

I remember when Oprah got thin and she was so proud and I'm thinking, "But that doesn't LOOK like Oprah." Then I read her diet book and I KNEW she would be heavy again, soon. Get up a 4 or 5 and do an hour of aerobics on an empty stomach every day? I don't think so! Eat from the USDA food pyramid and be healthy and thin? Not too likely! So, I guess I'm saying some people do look good with meat on their bones AND most diet and exercise advice, even if it works for awhile, and even if it comes from a high prices celebraty trainer, is not worth the effort.

Bill Pearl, famous bodybuilder from the 60s and still a well built man in his 60s, said, "Never start a radical program that you can't stay on day in and day out for the rest of your life." That's about the best advice I've heard. A sensible, liveable diet and active lifestyle that doesn't take too much time or cause injury is the only way to go. Cutting out the junk food has been the first place to start with "diets" since before I was born and it's still works.