#12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-01, 17:41
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default hi Silvia, and Wa'il

You know, I agree with you Wa'il 100%, it is a matter of mindset, and staying focused on the goal. You can have the odd side-track as long as you're facing the right direction overall. Planned or not..... sometimes you have no choice, maybe dinner at someone else's home, or you're starving and two hours from home with no lowcarb snack in the car, and Tim Horton's is right THERE...

But like Silvia says, sometimes it isn't craving. Emotional eating is a challenge for me too. I'm the opposite though, usually when I'm feeling down, I lose my appetite. And of course, undereating means my metabolism slows right down, making it harder than ever to lose weight. It's when I'm excited or energetic, that's when I feel like changing into my "eating clothes" (loose, baggy, elastic waistband) and dive headfirst into the fridge...

Negative reinforcement can be a very powerful tool to use. What I mean is, if you've been faithfully lowcarbing for a long stretch, then overdose in a frenzied carb orgy ... you feel like he** afterward. Remember that gas, the bloat, the headache and irritability the next time a bag of Oreos starts the seduction.

Doreen