Plan: Atkins original diet
Stats: 245/210/175 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeachbum
Hi CLASYS,

[Most of quote deleted for brevity!]

The main point of my post is that there are MANY sources of obfuscated carbs in our diet. For many, that there are carbs in so-called "zero calorie" foods is a major shock, as they tend to create concoctions believed to be carb-free when used for food preparation other than the implied "it doesn't matter, it's only a percentage of such a small number that it really doesn't matter" usage you shrug off as unimportant.

Something can be taken as deliberate when dealing with ANY branch of the food industry. Remember, they have lawyers who guide them to the hairy edge of what's currently "legal" so I wouldn't be so bold as to claim anything here is merely "accidental" as opposed to an extremely-well planned business plan to severely misrepresent things that will tend to hurt certain LC people who are naive to think this stuff is some form of virtually-unlimited-quantity godsend.

This bulk crap mentality has to go. Sweeteners don't have to be packed in sugar-like pourable powder form. There's a a far better substance to pack them in: it's called water or H2O. The result is something that is truly carb-free as opposed to something that is 90-plus percent pure carbs!

Face it, 0-carb sweeteners in soda, 0-carb sweeteners in little packets or pouring bottles. Except that there is a virtual night and day difference between products designed to fool us that they are identical when in fact they are essentially "poisoned" with carbs in alarming percentages. And the perpetrators of the crime hide behind government loopholes that claim that when measured in deminimus portions you get deminimus quantities is just fine because the laws allow it, etc.

All I know is that when I buy a hundred pack of yellow Splenda packets, I am getting about 50 grams for my money of nothing but carbs. I might want to make a fairly large cheesecake with a major percentage of that big box ripping apart lotsa those little packages, but I wouldn't wanna eat the results as it is clearly way out of line for LC. Yet, there are people doing this very thing in ignorance BECAUSE the sweetness in any old quantity of soda suggests this is fine to do.

In any case, I still come full circle back to the earlier thread: how are people getting any really no-carb sweetener to claim they are getting no insulin response when in fact there doesn't seem to me much in the way of preparing food that is sweet yet not containing an alarming amount of sugar for which the insulin response is actually no surprise?!

cjl (Remember, original Atkins cheesecake was sweetened with 90% cyclamates and 10% sacharrin and really no carbs!)