View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 10:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Okay I cant relate on the MIL issue, as mine is super, I live 9 hours from my mom and my MIL is just like a second mom to me. Mind you when I first married my DH I had to remind her I was the wife and not her, since then we are best of friends. We have lunch together at least once a week, she calls or emails me every day. Anyway on to the situation at hand. My husbands stepmother told me I was going to kill myself with this diet, and I said well I would rather do that than die of obesity or something related to that. I told her this diet may not be for everyone, but for me it works. I had blood work done for an insurance exam and it came back so good I got the elite rate, so I made sure to take it over and show her. She said she thought that was wrong with the way I eat. I have learned to really ignore things people say, I always say, " It works for me and I will continue to do it." They dont say much after that. My parents are big supporters of it, as my mom has lost 60 pounds on this WOL, and my dad is diabetic so my mom has him on her own little version of it for him and he is doing super. My Darling MIL tries it, but cant stick to it, she says she hasnt the willpower. My only negative person is the stepmom, and I just deal with her on a need to basis. She is going to love me when she eats dinner at my house for Father's Day and I sneak in all the protein things on her without her suspecting.