Thread: Cravings
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 17:00

Plan: CALP vegetarian plus fish
Stats: 140/138/132 Female 66 inches
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 25%

Thanks Dianee, maybe I'll look for GTF chromium when I run out of the chromium picolinate. In CALP the Hellers say that the chromium picolinate has not really been tested enough yet to determine its value. But that book was published in 1997, so maybe by now the Hellers and other doctors may have figured out more benefits from chromium picolinate.

I've been taking mine with a LC meal along with my vitamins, with no ill effects at all. I've always thought that supplements work best when mixed with the food you eat. I've just now inspected that chromium chapter in CALP, and I see that the Hellers recommend to take it on an empty stomach because if you happen to eat something with zinc in it, it interferes with chromium's absorption. Maybe I'll search this site and see what other folks on Active Low Carber have to suggest about chromium.

Oh, and I just wanted to add about cravings--I got some cream cheese the other day because it's on the LC list. Just regular (not low fat) cream cheese with nothing added. It's really good stuff. Some cream cheese on a saucer, eaten with spoon, feels really decadent to me, like I'm really splurging, when I'm not (as long as I don't have more than a couple tablespoons I guess). Anything creamy like that is a comfort food for me when I'm trying not to think about anything sweet/starchy. Do you all like cream cheese too?