View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 23:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Now I am nursing and need to keep carbs up.

I believe that according to the Atkins website, nursing moms should be eating 80-90 carbs a day.

And actually, it would stand to reason you need more fat--after all, part of the milk you're making is fat, which has to come from the foods you eat, so if you're craving it I would sure increase the intake.

Generally speaking, I pretty much snack all day, then eat supper, followed by a small snack later on.

Sometimes I'll eat actual breakfast. Today I sauteed three small mushrooms then cooked a couple of eggs over them and when that was done melted about 1.5 oz. of cheese. I like to top it with salsa.

Lunch is often a salad made from every raw veggie I can find in the fridge (celery, radishes, kale, onions, tomatoes, parsley, cucumber, green pepper, etc.). Sometimes I'll add meat or cheese, and sometimes I add some green olives (great for increasing fat), and sometimes use some cottage cheese. Of course I apply salad dressings rather liberally.

My favorite lunch in the entire world is avocado and cottage cheese, but that's not something you eat every day with four LCers in the house who love avocadoes as much as I do.

For suppers we do all kinds of weird stuff, like vege-ghetti. This is pasta sauce (the kind with no sugar) with a lot of veggies (broccoli, green pepper, onion, etc.) in it. In the winter we top spaghetti squash. Otherwise we just eat it with a side of salad.

Stir-fries are popular around here--just cook up the meat and add all kinds of chopped veggies.

We also do pork steaks with veggies and salad, and sometimes we cook a roast with cabbage, then usually have another veggie or salad with that.

We cook pretty simply, but it makes it a whole lot easier to keep track of what I'm eating.