Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 05:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 237/182/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

"If -- I -- knew then
What I know now
When I was younger ..."

Apologies to Rod Stewart. (I never thought that I would be quoting a Rod Stewart song as a source of wisdom )

Boy, I wish I'd known about controlled carb eating years ago (hits self on head with large rubber mallet) Ouch.

I'm heading for 160 as a goal. To be honest, I don't remember the last time I weighed 160; I suppose that it was in high school, but I didn't weigh myself then. It simply wasn't an issue. The lowest weight I actually remember was about 175, in university, when the GP at the university clinic wanted me to lose a few pounds to match those tables of height/weight. To be honest, I really don't think that I needed to -- I am quite tall, and quite muscular, and (at least then) I was quite curvy through the torso. Still, that's how I arrived at my goal weight -- using the recommendations of a doctor all those years ago.

It will be interesting to see how close I can come to this target. I'm just so thrilled at this point to be losing weight (fat) and getting healthy that achieving a particular goal weight is a purely academic exercise -- great if it can be done, but I'll be happy with wherever I end up if it's lean and healthy.