View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 21:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I don't wear jeans--because they give me nasty yeast infections. I'm hoping with LCing that may become a thing of the past.

I've seen a book recommended on here by Dr. Phil McGraw(?). PotatoFree is the one who so highly recommends it and I think with good reason. From what she says, this book is extremely helpful with the emotional baggage we all pack with us when it comes to our weight loss. I should really get it from the library and read it because I know I have my own emotional issues.

I was heavy from the time I was 10 until 21. Then I took drastic measures and lost a bunch of weight, which I kept off until I became pregnant. If I had only known then what I know now! I joined WW after she was born and lost about 20 pounds, then dropped out with the next pregnancy. Over the years I basically went up and down, down and up between 190 and 210 (which may explain why I'm having problems losing now). My bathroom scales ended up completely rusty after a leaky water heater incident so I trashed them and didn't replace them. Wearing sweat pants isn't exactly good for indicating whether you're gaining weight or not, so I was a little surprised to find myself at 229 pounds last fall.