Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 09:46
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%
Cool

Maximus,

B-Complex is an supplement which has ALL OF THE B vitamins in it. Sometimes a manufacturer will add some other things to it like Vit C, or Vit E. This is fine. You can find B-Complex at Walmart, Costco (called Kirkland B-50 Formula), Sam's Clubs, Safeway, or GNC. I'd personally go to a Walmart or Costco because it will probably be cheaper for you. If you go to GNC, ask them for a B-Complex. They'll have several lines I'm sure.

Quoted from Dr. Atkins, Vita-Nutrient Solution.

"Elevated levels of blood lipids, such as cholesterol and triglycerides, are one of the most widespread causes of heart attacks, strokes, and clogging of the arteries in general. Remember, despite all the publicity, high cholesterol is not a disease. Rather, it and other lipid abnormalities are simply predictive factors for a hardening of the arteries. Therefore, changing lipid levels without changing the reason they are elevated may neither prevent nor reverse the illness. However, by consistently bringing these blood markers for heart and artery health under control, diet and nutrient therapy, will at the very least, allow you to avoid side effect laden cholestrerol drugs. Some people get the best results by restricting saturated fats, while other do better if they eliminate all sugar from their diet and reduce consumption of carbohydrates. You must learn which works best for you. In eithre case, your lipid levels shoul improve if you add the nutrients that correspond to your particular need.

I'd like to suggest that you buy a bottle of B-Complex, some Basic 3, some essential oils (either ATKINS essential oils or UDO'S OIL which is at GNC) some Vit C (unless the B-Complex has it in it) and possibly some fiber supplement. Give your body the building materials it needs to heal and give it the WHOLE FOODS to nurish itself with. Cut out the Frankenfoods, SUGAR and FLOUR. You'll see your weight drop, your blood work improve for the better.

Maximus, I'm here for you and I know you CAN DO THIS!