View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 05:44

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
I exercise heavily (cardio 3-4 x's a week and weights one or two x;s) Do you think that my body is refusing to lose weight b/c I have been eating too low carb? Should I try adding more veggies/nuts/seeds/ to up the carb content and see if that helps? Does anyone here think that it would work?

Good morning. I have gathered from your prior posts that you need to lose about 8 pounds. Why don't you just skip straight to the pre-maintenance phase of Atkins where you can have a pretty good variety of foods but still slowly lose weight. You won't feel quite so much like you're on a "diet" but still be able to eat healthy, well, and slowly lose weight.

I have found that a slow weight loss works best for me. I only started with less than 20 to lose over a year ago. I'm a school teacher and during the school year I do pre-maintenance/maintenance, then drop to fewer carbs in the summer. I lost about 11 pounds so far, and hope to lose maybe only 2-4 more this summer. Yeah, so I don't get to goal in a hurry, but as long as I'm able to enjoy this WOE and not make it a stressful diet I'm happy. I'm enjoying the health benefits (check out my lipid profile in my signature) and don't want to treat this WOE as something I "have" to do to reach a goal.

Good luck, whatever you choose.