#21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 23:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
growing up there was always a lot of pressure to be "perfect."

I can understand that. I think we all come from backgrounds that in some ways warped our perspective of ourselves, whether it was family members or our peers. It took me absolutely years to realize there was one person in this life I had to please besides myself, and that's my hubby. Years after my mother was gone I was still trying to make her happy. She was such a neat-freak and a go-getter, and none of us kids ever measured up. It's so sad when parents are like that. Unfortunately, though, I've been too much the other way with my kids--haven't expected enough out of them. It would be so nice to find a happy medium somewhere!

Funny thing about cellulite: I've seen some of the thinnest people with a lot of it on their legs and I never had any until I was over 200 pounds. It's caused from the--oh, I can't think of the word, and it's so hard to describe, but it's caused from those pieces of tissue that hold our skin onto our bones or some such. I've read on here about skin brushing, which is supposed to help with various things like that. You might look into it.