View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 09:54

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Default Keto Products I Have Known and Loved (maybe)

I just started using a few of the Keto products, and after raving (or ranting) about them in my journal, am posting here at Nat's urging. So blame her.

Keto Muffin/Pancake Mix: Okay, it's pretty good. It's not Betty Crocker, but if I'd expected that I'd have been misleading myself. Took a little more water than the directions said, but I did indeed get 6 fluffy, puffy muffins (three servings). They're rather disarmingly shiny on the surface, but that's a small price to pay for *muffins*. I had two of 'em spread with...

Twist: OMG this stuff is GREAT!!! It's imported from the Netherlands, and it's sugar-free, and it's REAL chocolate with hazelnut flavor. If you're a chocoholic, you NEED this.

Keto Cocoa: As instant cocoas go, it's not bad. Nothing comes close to the real thing made with milk and unsweetened Dutch cocoa, on a stove top--but this isn't bad. I'll buy it again.

Keto Banana Pudding Mix: This one's on closeout, so once it's gone it's gone. That won't be a big loss, IMHO. I don't own a hand mixer, which is what the directions say to use. I have a KitchenAid, and a whisk. I wasn't about to haul out the heavy guns for 1/2 cup of pudding, so I whisked it--and I know that's why it didn't get as thick as it was supposed to. The flavor was all right, not fantastic, but all right. It's clearly artificial--Jello Instant has a far more "real" taste. But, for what it is, and being that it's on closeout, I'll eat it. However, I will not mourn its passing.

CarboLite Baked Protein Crackers: Nasty. Just plain Nasty. They seem to turn into sponges for the last few chews and suck all the saliva out of my mouth. Flavor-wise, they're not bad--I have the ranch ones. It's that moisture-absorbing thing that bothers me. I won't buy these again.

Pure DeLite Belgian Chocolate: I had the dark yesterday, and WOW. This is CHOCOLATE. (That was my treat to myself for having tried to give blood--it was going to be my treat for being a pint low, but that didn't happen. See my journal for details. ) I also have the mint and orange flavors; if they're anywhere near as good as the dark, I have a new chocolate source. Pricey (1.99 each), so I won't be overindulging--but worth every precious pfennig.

I still have to try the Keto mac and cheese dinner. That might be tonight, though--so watch this space!