#8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 00:44
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I am afraid to eat any now b/c of my weight gain and am looking at going back to high carb low fat.

That would make your blood sugar go even more nuts. Don't be afraid of fat. It doesn't make you fat, instead it makes you feel full and has no effect on blood sugar, unlike carbs and protien to some degree. If you want a more scientific explination then Atkins offers, then I suggest getting Protien Power from the library and reading it. If things are already confusing, then start slow. Go to the Atkins web site and print out the list of acceptable foods for induction along with the rules for induction. Start following that for two weeks. It will be hard and you'll feel like it's driving you nuts, but if you hang in there your blood sugar will balance and you'll feel alot better.

Once things do start balancing and working out, then take more time to go through the scientific parts of why fat is good, and why low-fat high carb could end up hurting you in the long run. It could be easier to understand and belive once you are already seeing results.