View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

Hello CarbStarve,

I am replying as you asked, please disregard anything you want to, and remember advise is only worth what you pay for it, ie, nothing!
I will happily tell you my regime to see if you can pick through it and see what you might learn.

Now, I dont know your goals. Are you in a hurry? Because alot of people are happy with 1 lb a week?
But truthfully, I would not be. And I would expect at your starting weight that you should do really well, unless you are taking medications unbeknownst to me. If that is the case you need to refer to Dr. Atkins book concerning different kinds of medicines and what they imply.

Having said all that, I will assume you are just like me, anxious to get this off and have no major health risks.

My plan goes like this.....
When I first started I really believed I would never make it. I thought at the worst I would give it a week, or the 2 week induction and then move on. I did not believe it would help me and even though I read the book, DANDR, I had heard so much negative things that I thought I would be sick etc. But I was going to die anyway, might have been from anything so it might as well be from a fat induced heart attack.

My life was full of excuses why I could not diet, low self-esteem, hiding behind my fat, ugly clothes, fat jokes, depression, and general unhappiness. I was not the typical "jolly" fat person. Oh, to everyone else I was, but deep in side I was miserable. I never went out to social things and really felt a prisioner inside my body. Luckily, I did not have any health problems other than being tired or winded up steps or the occasional back ache. It seemed to me that FAT was the ruler of my life and it was the cause of all my problems.

So, I read the book and decided to do the induction. Just 14 days.
And the first 2 days I had a headache to beat the band. I only felt good after the 4th day. But what was great was the feeling of not being hungry. Wow, I could not believe it possible. The second thing I noticed was that my mood swings, afternoon tiredness, and sugar balance made me stable for the first time in my life!! Oh My Goodness, Praise the Lord this might work!! Because my first week was so successful I did one more and then one more etc.

I did ALOT of research and reading etc trying to try and avoid any stalls and zero loss weeks. I wanted to loose quickly as I have a big reunion coming up at the end of July. So I really have given this WOE my all.

My weekly stats looked like this....
Week 1 = lost 7 lbs
Week 2 = lost 5 lbs
Week 3 = lost 3 lbs
Week 4 = lost 3.25 lbs
Week 5 = lost 2 lbs
Week 6 = lost 2 lbs
Week 7 = lost 1.75 lbs (upped my fat percentages)
Week 8 = lost 2 lbs
Week 9 = lost 4 lbs (began L-Carnitine)
Week 10 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 11 = lost 1.5 lbs
Week 12 = lost 1.5 lbs
Week 13 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 14 = lost 2 lbs
Week 15 = lost 3.2 lbs
Week 16 = lost 3.8 lbs (began OoO)
Week 17 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 18 = lost 0 lbs (This week was my first 0 loss week)
Week 19 = lost .5 lbs
Week 20 = lost 3.5 lbs
Week 21 = lost 3

I was dissapointed in my results on week 18, but seeing that I stopped the OoO this off week, and realizing that the last 3 weeks were really good, I suppose my body must catch up. And the weight moved again the next week. I weigh in is only on Monday so I am smiling again. I am back on the OoO and will not take a break again, the other health benefits are worth it.

When I first started and found this site, I met a very nice lady, KristyC, whose success was remarkable, (she is too by the way) Unfortunately, she doesnt have the time to post as often but she was my mentor so to speak. And I did everything she did. Her main advice was WHOLE FOODS and nothing else. She had alot of energy and bubbled over with enthusiasm in every post. Just the kind of person I am attracted to! Her advice was easy to follow as I am not able to get LC foods here anyway, so the whole food thing was a given. IMHO, this is one of the things I think that alot of people do and wonder why they are not as fast as someone else.

I set up a fit day account (free) and type in RELIGIOUSLY every thing that goes into my mouth. I found that when I did I could immediately see what was missing in my day. Then I knew what I needed more of. I put in my weight and found my BMR and that is the amount of calories that I shoot for. I did raise my fat as well, as I found that i was only at about 60-65% and now I shoot for 75-80%. In order to do this I take one tablespoon of flaxseed oil straight! (holding my nose! )Mostly though I only make an average of 75%.

Here is my fitday, feel free to have a look.
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=HeMe2Kids

Mostly, my days are the same, by choice. I love omelets and salads and meat. So it isnt really a problem for me. I only find some cravings related to TOM, or just purely wanting something for fun, not because I am hungry and I eat it if I want it. I consider this a WOE and not a diet. I am not one of those die-hard fanatical must be perfect kind of Aktins person. Having said that I have only had something about 3 times and it never put me out of ketosis. This due to the size of it. I ate ONE FORKFUL of cake on my childs birthday, one chocolate carmel during TOM one time, and at easter I had a bite of chocolate rabbit. I did not eat the whole thing, I did not let it go to a binge it was really only a taste. It is still a life and I want to live it.
BUT, thin (ie. losing) only gets better/easier and strenghtens your resolve. I tell you the truth and I had read it before, but now I really believe it, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS. I think I am actually becoming vain!!

Breakfast is:
1 egg
1oz cheese
2 oz Meat, bacon, sausage, ham, steak, etc
1 oz onion or veg in the omelet

Lunch is:
Meat
Salad with hardboiled egg, bacon, cheese, full fat dressing

Dinner is:
Meat
Veg (usually mashed cauliflower with butter and sour cream)
More salad

Obviously, your calorie allowance will give you way more choice! More meat more eggs, more everything.

My Main rule (and if you dont take anything else from this post take this)

NOT MORE THAN 2 (maybe 3 Oz) of hard cheese
and NO dairy other than cream cheese or heavy cream.
I drink 3 liters of water a day (about 100 oz)

I dont eat yoghurt, or any other LC item, No diet coke, No Coffee
Regardless if it still fits into my 20 carb limit. I mean a slice of bread could still "theoretically" fit into my day and still be under the limit but would switch my metabolism back to glucose burning. I want it to stay with the fat burning.

I do occasionally make my own dessert combination.
I do the cream cheese rolled in SF jello powder,
I do mix cream cheese, heavy cream and strawberries, or rasperries in a blender with some saccharin (like a joghurt)
I do mix cream cheese with Peanut butter and sweetner rolled in cocoa powder, kind of like reeses truffels.
I do eat nuts sometimes, (2 times a month maybe)

My exercise routine is this:
works out to be 4 hours a week, so I will try to up it. I just bought two tapes and I will take the dog out for more walking. But my usual stuff is:
1 hour exercise class, with stretching
1 hour heavy step aerobics
1 hour medium step aerobics
1 hour mixed class = 1/2 hour step and 1/2 hour exersice

Time is my problem with 2 kids!

And lastly, (I know you were hoping this would end soon )
My supplements (taken everyday) that are considered an arsenal of weponry is as follows:
Multi-vitamin
Extra Vitamin C
Extra Magnesuim + B complex
Extra Calcium
Table spoon of Flaxseed oil (toliet and up my fat)
Fiber sachet (mainly psylum husks for the toliet)
Chromium
L-Carnitine
Oil of Oregano
Omega 3 oil capsules (Salmon Fish oils for cholesteral)
And recently added a hair and nail supplement

If you really want my HARD DOWN TO THE GROUND advice for LOSING:
My tips are:
1. Take it seriously! I pretend this is life or death for me and I dont cheat. This is becuase of upcoming party. I will experiment more later.
2. Start a journal and really use the great info on this site and the wonderful insight of the great and friendly people here on the board.
3. Dont use any LC frankenfoods stuff
2. NOTHING that is not on the acceptable foods list.
3. Drink your water, No coffee or at least change it to green tea
4. Be religious in your fit day
5. Up your fats
6. Do your exerise

I hope this helps you. Good Luck.