#9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 22:59
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%
Thumbs up

I've read about Dreamfiled on Diabetes forum, and was looking for it in different supermarkets with no success, but it was right under my nose in ouw local Safeway, just where the regular pasta is, LOL.
I've tried elbow and spagetti, and both times no impact on BGs whatsoever, i've checked pp BGs at 1, 2, 3 and 4 hours. i wasn't a big of fan of pasta before but now it's such a great way to get a variety in my diet and the family loved it too. it actually tastes better than regular pasta, and even whole wheat, which I've been cooking for my family lately. i've tried different low carb pastas made mostly from soy, and they all tasted like plastic, not to mention horrific indigestion after all. but Dreamfiled is great, now we can have pasta for dinner once in a while. i usually add some chopped vegetables when the pasta is almost cooked, and then toss it with a little bit of olive oil, or either home made pesto or tomatoe sauce. Yum!
I hope they will come up with the same technology for other grain product, so we could finally can live it up a little bit.
Cheers,
Dina