#2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 16:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy hi Sabrina

I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now. I've had a lot of tooth a jaw problems recently, so I understand what you're going through.

First .. the dentist office should have a list of sugar-free food choices for their diabetic patients. I won't go into the fallacies and misconceptions of their instructions -- what's done is done. And glad for you it's over with. You should be feeling better in a day or two..

What to eat now? You can purée anything and everything if you have a blender or food processor. Cooked meats, chicken, cans of tuna can be puréed into a paté-like consistency. Add a little broth or mayonnaise to keep it moist. Vegetables can be puréed, add some melted butter, cream and/or broth. Cooked cauliflower can be puréed with some soft cream cheese and a little butter, and is just like mashed potatoes. Add favourite vegetables to broth, purée and add a little cream for soup .. cream of broccoli is nice.

I had a terrible time with a badly infected molar & jawbone a few months ago, and I ate a lot of sloppy, blenderized food for a while! But, it got me by .. and I confess I still really like velvety smooth vegetable purées ... brussels sprouts are amazing ... add a little butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice

Hope you're feeling better soon,

Doreen