View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 21:28

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default It really is true!!!...I am a believer!

This is just a small update which I hope will be helpful to any newbies, who like myself are struggling with the "is this really healthy" thing.

Just had the results of my blood tests (they tested for everything...3 pages!) The best thing for me was that my cholesterol was NORMAL!!!! Triglycerides NORMAL!!! and Kidney and liver functions NORMAL!!! This after 4 months of heavy cream, cheese, eggs every day, bacon 3-4 times/week! I believed , but was leary....now I'm convinced!

Of course not everyone is the same, and to be honest I don't know what my numbers were before low carbing so this is a bit out of context. But, the cholesterol thang is such fantastic news to me; it just goes against all we hear day in and day out. I love it!

And, frankly I think my doctor was a bit surprised. I know she doesnt' like this program; however in truth I'm not sure she really understands it. I mean how can steak, artichokes, and salad be a bad thing? It was the "english muffins that were killin' me!!!"

Anyway this is just my story...would love to hear how other people's tests have gone, and what improvements or not they have experienced. For me it was the best thing I could hear.

Muse
Sponsored Links