View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 21:22

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Jims...

are you taking oral antidiabetics or insulin? It may take a couple of weeks for your blood sugar to stabilize, but believe me, it will! Your body is still in the process of switching from burning carbs for energy to burning fat. Once it completes that switch, things will be much more stable. I would highly recommend Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes solution to read. Dr. Bernstein is a type 1 diabetic that has been low-carbing to control his diabetes for almost 50 years and has been using this way of eating to help his patients achieve normal blood sugars as well! Also keep in mind, that some of your other medications could be affecting your blood sugar readings. Work closely with your doctor. As this way of eating begins to take effect, your medications may need to be adjusted. Checking your blood sugar 10-12 times a day might be a bit excessive, but Dr. Bernstein recommends testing 5 times a day at the beginning. My doc is happy with once a day at this point; just to make sure that I'm staying on track. BTW...after 8 months on this way of eating, my average blood sugar is 100. It WORKS! Hang in there and let us know how you're doing.