#23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 17:19

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
It has been my theory that the reason supersizing is so popular is that so many people are so HUNGRY. If you have one of those nice, "healthy" breakfasts of cereal, milk, juice, and toast, it's no wonder you feel ravenous by lunchtime.

My husband and I have noticed that a bacon and egg breakfasts lasts us much longer than our old, carb laden breakfasts.

Anyone else remember feeling hungry, looking at the clock, and realizing with dismay that it has only been a couple of hours since last eating? That used to be me. Now, I look up, it's been several hours, and I haven't thought about food!

And I find, even when I get hungry and can't eat right away, I don't have that gnawing, critical, frantic, have-to-eat feeling. I used to get to the point where if I didn't eat I was going to commit violence. Now, I'm just hungry.

And, Fluffybear, I'm sorry you don't enjoy food anymore. I find that I enjoy it even more now that I'm low-carbing. Food tastes fresher and it's more flavorful. And when I indulge in something that's high-carb, I am satisfied with just a taste because I'm no longer eating to stuff myself but rather eating to fulfill the esthetic enjoyment of the flavors. And actually, I don't care for very many high-carb foods anymore. I prefer a good cut of meat, grilled to medium-rare perfection and an artichoke or grilled eggplant and asparagus.