View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 18:14

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Diabetic... yes!

Yesterday was my third day of the induction and I thought I was going to lose it. My Glucose-Blood levels were all over the map... 55 to 210, back and forth, being a type II, I've never had to deal with that before. I didn't like the way I felt, it was awful, headache, stomach ache, depression all the really fun stuff.

Today I'm doing better, but, at 10: this morning I was 105 at 12:Noon I was 205, I ate lunch at Noon and at 12:30 I was at 207, at 2:50 I was at 181 and at 3:50 I'm at 148.

Normally I was holding about a 120 to 140 no matter when I tested. I know testing eight or ten times a day is almost neurotic but I have to figure out what is up here.

I am on over ten meds a day for different things but my BP is 120/80 HDL/LDL col= 110 and I weigh 370. My three month fasting BS is 138. Numbers like those make doctors crazy. I was taken off Avandia yesterday due to severe edema, that may also help the weight loss, considering I put on 60 lbs in the last six months.

Diabetes complicates this whole thing but I'll get through. By the way, am I headed in the right direction?