#21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 13:38
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 205/178/150 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 49%

[QUOTE=Kristine]

I do not believe in the myth of the magic thin person who eats whatever they want. Maybe they have a high metabolism, but that doesn't mean they're healthy or won't pay for it down the road. It doesn't mean they don't calorie count or starve themselves when you're not looking. The thin people I know eat like thin people. I believe there's no such thing as escaping the consequence of freely over-consuming North American crapola food.

QUOTE]

I was that person until my late 20's. I ate until I was stuffed. I ate anything I wanted. No extra pounds because I was active.

But after age 30, take away a lot of the activities, and add a desk job, and the pounds come on.

Now in my late 30's, I realize that I have to substantially change my eating habits or else I will be obese.

I don't blame the food industry. They will pretty much produce whatever we buy. Just like I don't blame the auto industry for gas hogs. If the consumer dollar picked gas mileage over horsepower and luxury, they would deliver it.

Who to blame? Ourselves, our peers, our parents, and the god that created us. But the only one we really have control over is ourselves.