View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/138/120 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 22%

I have had problems with weight since I was 16. I probably was pretty normal, but in my family, there was pressure to lose weight. If I weighed now what I weighed when I was 16 I would be thrilled. BTW, I am about the same height now as I was then.

I have a few odd motivations. First, I don't like how I look. I am busty and I hope that some loss will help in that region. I am short, so even being a little overweight makes you look heavier, I am convinced.

I've looked at some of the moms my kids go to school with. As far as weight goes, I'm kind of in the middle, but again, shortness I think makes it worse. I adore my son and I think he deserves a healthy, better looking mom. For some reason, I don't want to embarass him. The funny thing is, that I am not the heaviest one around, yet I feel this way. And, he has said nothing to make me think that I am embarassing him, either.

My husband could care less how I look. He is tall and skinny. It is very easy for him to lose weight. He cut out sugar and dropped 10 lbs. I rarely ate sugar and it made no difference in my weight. It's the carbs that seem to make the biggest difference.

There is this funny underlying sexual component to the whole thing. The only person I want to please is my husband, but I can't help thinking that I will attact the attention of men. (How humble of me.) However, I do have a C-cup figure. I'm not saying I'll have to fight them off, or that I would ever be unfaithful, but I don't want to deal with it. However, I have to get over that -- it's being scared. |

I also have a developmentally disabled daughter. She doesn't care how I look (she's non-verbal). But, I have to be healthy to care for her. I have had some muscle problems due to lifting her. I am hoping that by getting my weight down, I will also exercise more.

I am also tired of clothing problems. I cannot afford new clothes just because I don't fit in the old ones. I just can't afford it.

Lots of reasons, in a nut-shell. I am probably pretty screwed up. Have a field day analyzing me.