View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:

To be honest, I am still struggling with it, but it is not as bad as it was before now that I have found LCing. My case is severe- I have to rely on medication and therapy, but for most people, LCing is enough to control bingeing. I suggest you read Dr. Phil's weight solution, it deals with the psychological aspect of weight loss/emotional eating, as well as rereading DANDR, which has a section on the psychology of weight loss for extra motivation. Take your supplements (5-HTP, chromium and l-glutamine, ALA are helpful), exercise, and be good to yourself. The worst thing to do is beat yourself up about it. You are human and we all make mistakes, just get back on track, you can do it. Remember you feel and look so much better when you eat healthy. Eat when you are hungry and not to feed your emotions. Ask yourself what you are feeding. If you are hungry, eat. If you are tired, stressed, or angry, take a walk, call a friend, exercise, read a book or watch a movie- anything but binge. Hope this helps and good luck. you can do this!