#8   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 22:12

Plan: undecided
Stats: 245/239.5/150 Female 5'3" or 5'4" not sure
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanWinkle
I think you really really need to increase your vegetable intake. Try to eat some green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, and other vegetables from the approved list. Atkins is not a "no carb" diet. You just need to choose the good carbs and avoid all the bad carbs (and take it easy on the carbs that are in between).

You will probably have a much better chance of sticking with the plan if you have a balanced approach. It really takes quite a bit of the good carb vegetables to go over the total carb limits. Staying on induction too long isn't generally recommended since it increases the chance that you will drop out of the program. Gradually add back in the carbs.

Also, do go see the doctor to rule out some other cause.

Thanks rip, but I am pretty read up on what the guidelines are , what good and bad carbs are and what a meal should consist of on Atkins, during induction. Induction, according to DANDR can be done as long as 6 months. I think if I've stuck with it this long its because its working and I have an ambitious goal.

I don't snack on mostly carb or refined-carb meals.. I do have the allowed foods on Atkins. I'd be a fool to be defeating myself on here. My concern was with the way I'm feeling, not the way I'm following the diet.

Thanks for the advice, but I see you're doing South Beach, so you might have a different outlook on the Atkins WOE. It is very specific.

- MissB