View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 20:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/238/125
BF:
Progress: 31%

I too have PCOS. For years I had just given up on the idea of ever being able to lose weight. Everything I tried didn't work and then I was so controlled by food. For the last 5 1/2 months I have been low carbing and I feel like a new person. I have been off my anti depressants for about 6 weeks now. I am getting a little discouraged though. I have consistently lost 10 pounds a month until about 2 weeks ago and then nothing. My whole family has been low carbing and sometimes it gets discouraging because they eat way more carbs then I do and if I go over very much at all not only do I stop losing but I instantly start gaining again. I was staying around 20 - 25 carbs a day to get my weight loss but now, gosh I guess I will have to start including excersize Any ideas as to what else I could do. I hate to have to go back to the induction but I was wondering if I went back to it for 2 weeks if that would jump things up again. Has anyone tried that? Good luck and hang in there. I truly believe that this low carb thing is the only way PCOS'ers will be able to keep the diabetes from the door as well as feel a hundred percent better.